Jobs

02:15

Song of the day: Lush Life by Zara Larsson.

I live my day as if it was the last
Live my day as if there was no past
Doin' it all night, all summer
Doin' it the way i wanna
After my exams, i have about 2 months of holidays and this is the time i should be getting a job. Personally i wanted to take a break seeing that 2016 did not really start off well. However, with a workaholic mother who thinks that jobs are easy to get, i was constantly pressured to get a job.

The reasons of getting a job:
At the beginning, i wanted to get a job just to shut my mum up because it is really stressful to deal with my own things and having to listen to her asking me why i don't have a job. Despite the fact that i have already told her i am not going to get a job because of the commitment periods, she would never fail to question me why i don't have a job. A conversation can begin from a "Oh, my friend is working at this place, i saw him that day......" and continues with her going "WHY YOUR FRIEND GOT JOB NEVER ASK YOU GO INTERVIEW TOGETHER?" and of course there are other replies but who really wants to listen to them?

I don't really need the money from working because i don't buy things frequently and i would not spend a lot of money in general. But what i thought about at 2am in the morning searching online for jobs is that i can at least try out different jobs to get the experience.

My friend and i started to search for jobs and the first one i found was a mascot job. Mascot is something i think i would enjoy because it is fun and it makes people smile. Mascot is not a very hard job too and for certain events, no experience is needed. Although i fitted the height requirement, they didn't give me the job because they already asked someone else (I guess?) and i live quite far from the event venue.

The next job was one my friend found, a flyer distribution job. We were assigned 10 blocks of houses per person but only had to do half the level. It was a really tiring job since it was so warm and we had to carry about 600+ flyers with our hands because they didn't have anymore bags for us to use. My friends and i were assigned to Tampines. It is not a very difficult job seeing that you only had to put flyers at the door. The difficult things are: every block in tampines is different. The layout of the houses and the number of levels. There are blocks with 4 to 5 lifts and it was very troublesome because they are not connected. We started at 5 and ended at different times because of the different levels each block has. I ended at around 9.30 and i do not live in tampines. My friends who are doing this job as well are my poly friends who live around tampines. So imagine ending at 9+pm and needing 1hr+ to go home and you had lunch at 12+? I didn't get the chance to eat dinner because of the time. Flyer distribution job is really an interesting job in my opinion because you have to deal with the weather, people rejecting your flyers, pets (my friends are afraid of dogs) and there is a slight possibility that the lift might spoil so you have to climb the stairs (happened to me). The worst things include not having water to drink, no shops nearby to by drinks and no place to pee. But honestly, next time people distribute flyers from door to door, please be nice and accept the flyer even if you don't want it. These flyers would probably not be recycled and would probably be thrown away. So it is best if you guys took them and recycle or something.

Another job my friend found was a flyer distribution for an event. The most horrible thing happened. We signed up with a company to help out for the event and were given the details. No one told us anything and my friend double confirmed that our presence is required on the event day. However, on the day of the event, my friend and i were not needed and we only found out when we arrived. Our names are not on the list and we had to call them to ask. Turns out we are not needed so we went for lunch. It was really frustrating because we came down for no reason. I feel that when anyone goes for an interview or a discussion about a job, just ask to double check that you are needed there because it is really a waste of time heading down to a job you are not required for. There were obviously some miscommunications and person in charge apologized to us. What is done is done so there isn't much we can do.

I have about less than a month of holiday left and i have decided to enjoy myself by going back to my old school and play volleyball, helping my coach if needed. I am going to go out with my friends and i am so excited for my class chalet.

ALSO
Yesterday my results came out and guess what guys? I PASSED MY ACCOUNTING EXAM. HELL YES. My results are no very good but it did improve so i guess that is something. As long as i don't have to re module accounting i am fine with it.





You Might Also Like

0 comments