Physiotherapy

02:48

Physiotherapy:
the treatment of disease, injury or deformity by physical methods such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise rather than by drugs or surgery.

My knee has been hurting for a really long time and i never really went to actually find out the reason why it is hurting so much. About 8 months ago, i went back for training with my friends. I stepped on a ball and fell knee down. Then i continued playing and jumping.

Obviously there would be something wrong with my knee. This year, i went to check out my knee at the polyclinic. I did an X-ray scan and there weren't any fractures or anything so i was referred to a hospital to do an MRI scan.

MRI Scan:
Known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging, uses a large magnet and radio waves to look at organs and structures inside your body.

Basically, she told me that there may be some issues with my muscle tissues and parts that cannot be seen using X-ray. I consult with the doctor at the hospital and he suggested some stretching exercises for a start. It did not improve my knee condition that much. The second time i went back he suggested going for physiotherapy as the MRI scan would cost about $400+. Instead of heading for the MRI scan straight, i decided to go for physiotherapy.

My friend offered to follow me on my first physiotherapy session but she had work the last minute and couldn't make it. It wasn't that bad i guess. I talked to my physiotherapist and she asked me to do some simple stretching exercises. It hurt a lot surprisingly but it was not that bad.

Another of my friend decided to come with me for my second session but she sprained her ankle and couldn't come so i was alone again. This time we did more exercises with really really hurt my leg a lot to the point where i can't walk properly. When i reach home i could not move at all.

Besides exercises, i receive a ultrasound treatment. Basically they put cooling gel on my knee and use an instrument to run through the injured area. It becomes warm slowly and they continue going around the injured area. Supposedly, they are making use of ultrasound to help in healing my knee.

I never liked visiting the doctor and having to go through physiotherapy. I hate the feeling. You go through a lot of pain and you feel so useless. You have to stop doing things you love and it just really sucks. I think the worse part is not knowing what is the actual reason why it is hurting so bad.

Going to physiotherapy is not really going with a lot of motivation that everything will be better soon. The last time i went there, i saw so many people in pain, struggling to finish their exercises. It just scares you more.

You Might Also Like

0 comments