My dad's birthday celebration

03:30

I am probably going to blog a few different posts on the same day since i didn't have much time doing it previously and i am not in the mood to study so......

Moving on!



20 Feb was my father's birthday and this year is one of the rare times my whole family is free. My sister found a place that sells vegetarian food which my father has to eat on his birthday. (I have no idea why but it is probably due to some religious reasons) So we went to this restaurant near city hall and the food served is really pretty. I am not a fan of vegetarian food but the food they served was plated in a very nice way.












From the bottom, breadsticks with mustard and blueberry jam along with cider and my dad's fingers that kind of look like the breadstick. Followed by a jelly with tomato inside, lady finger with some sauce and something that we have no idea, my sister thinks is huai shan but my mum thinks its niu bang. (I don't know the English terms so haha.) Next, there are two salads with cold stuff so the usual vegetables, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. My sister ordered the french onion soup with cheese and a mushroom soup that my father would prefer more. I love the french onion soup with cheese because it is probably the most flavourful item of the entire meal. Next, it is a rice dish with mushroom. Yeah, the big thing that looks like chicken is actually mushroom and it tastes nice. It is just like the Korean dish, bimbimbap (Idk how to spell) Followed by a plate of noodles that is sort of like Aglio Oglio but it is not. It is probably the second thing i can stand. The above 2 deserts are mango cake and a red bean cake with beancurd that has no taste. We were still hungry so we ordered a plate of noodles with the green sauce i have no idea what it is called but i am not a huge fan of it. 



After that we sort of gave up because the service there was not good. There is a dish that we ordered and they keyed in wrongly. They keyed in another dish that didn't come either so we just paid and left. We head down to this place called "Tiong Bahru Bakery". We ordered these 3 desserts:


A croissant, lemon curd tart and a chocolate banana crumble which is heaven. This is probably the things that made me full. Deserts are awesome. 


We went home on the train and took a picture. My eldest sister left earlier because she has plans at night with her friends. :) My dad probably did not enjoy it fully but i think he is happy that we ate vegetarian with him. :) 

Have a great day ahead beautiful people. :) 



You Might Also Like

0 comments